MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS
RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 22, 2008
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Frequency Policy and Planning Division
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 88/2008/QD-TTg of July 4, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Radio Frequency Directorate under the Ministry of Information and Communications;
At the proposal of the head of the Organization and Personnel Division and the head of the Frequency Policy and Planning Division,
Article 1. Position and functions
The Frequency Policy and Planning Division is a unit under the Radio Frequency Directorate and functions to advise and assist the Director General in elaborating, and guiding the implementation of, legal documents, radio frequency master plans and policies regarding radio frequency management.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The Frequency Policy and Planning Division has the following tasks and powers:
1. To study, propose, elaborate, amend, supplement, annul or suspend legal documents and guiding documents regarding radio frequency management.
2. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned units in, proposing and formulating policies on frequency charges and use of frequency spectra for radio technologies and other policies on radio frequencies.
3. To study the formulation and revision of a national master plan on radio frequency spectra.
4. To formulate and amend master plans on radio frequencies; to stipulate conditions for allotment, assignment and use of radio frequencies or radio frequency bands.
5. To participate in international cooperation activities and make relevant preparations for the World Radio Conference (WRC), the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and study groups of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) as assigned by the Director General.
6. To allocate frequency bands for defense and security purposes; to act as a standing body for the Planning Sub-Committee of the Radio Frequency Committee.
7. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned units in, elaborating regulations on technical and operation conditions for radio equipment subject to conditional use; and on frequencies and output power for radio equipment before permitting the production or import thereof for use in Vietnam.
8. To coordinate with concerned units under the Ministry of Information and Communications in formulating standards and technical regulations on radio equipment and radio radiation and electromagnetic compatibility. To elaborate documents on state management of electromagnetic compatibility to be submitted by the Director General to the Minister of Information and Communications for promulgation.
9. To contribute opinions for drafting legal documents of the Ministry of Information and Communications and documents in other areas as requested by the Ministry of Information and Communications and assigned by the Director General.
10. To manage employees, assets, dossiers and documents under law and as decentralized by the Director General.
11. To perform other tasks and exercise other powers assigned by the Director General.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Frequency Policy and Planning Division has the head, deputy heads and employees.
The head is answerable before the Director General and law for the performance of assigned functions, tasks and powers.
Deputy heads shall assist the head in directing and administering the Division’s work and are answerable before the head and law for assigned tasks.
The head shall assign tasks to the Division’s employees.
Article 4. Implementation provision
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. All previous regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
The head of the Organization and Personnel Division, the head of the Frequency Policy and Planning Division and heads of units under the Radio Frequency Directorate shall implement this Decision.
Director General of the Radio Frequency Directorate
DOAN QUANG HOAN