MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 22, 2008
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 88/2008/QD-TTg of July 4, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Radio Frequency Directorate under the Ministry of Information and Communications;
At the proposal of the heads of the Organization and Personnel Division and the Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division,
Article 1. Position and functions
The Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division is a unit under the Radio Frequency Directorate which shall advise and assist the Director General in assigning radio frequencies and granting radio frequency licenses.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division has the following tasks and powers:
1. To assume the prime responsibility for elaborating documents related to the assignment of radio frequencies and the grant of radio frequency licenses and licenses for use of satellite orbits (below referred to as radio frequency licenses). To study and propose the processes of assigning frequencies and granting radio frequency licenses to the Director General for promulgation. To participate in formulating policies and solutions on the use of the radio frequency spectrum.
2. To handle dossiers so as to assign frequencies to, or grant, re-grant, extend, modify, supplement or withdraw radio frequency licenses for, agencies, organizations and individuals according to regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications and the Directorate.
3. To calculate fees for the grant of radio frequency licenses and charges for the use of radio frequencies according to regulations of the Ministry of Finance.
4. To update data serving the frequency assignment and licensing and the calculation of fees and charges according to regulations of the Directorate.
5. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned agencies and units under the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of National Defense in, assigning radio frequencies and radio frequency channels for security and defense purposes.
6. To enter into cooperation on frequency-related affairs in defense and security as well as other activities of the Radio Frequency Committee.
7. To participate in international cooperation activities, prepare matters related to the World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC), the Asia Pacific Telecommunity (ATP) meetings and study groups of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) as assigned by the Director General.
8. To manage its cadres, civil servants, properties, dossiers and documents as prescribed by law and decentralized by the Director General.
9. To perform other tasks and exercise other powers assigned by the Director.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division is composed of a head, deputy-heads and staff members.
The head of the Division shall take responsibility before the Director General and law for the performance of assigned functions, tasks and powers.
Deputy-heads shall assist the head in directing and administering operations of the Division and take responsibility before the head and law for their assigned tasks.
Tasks of cadres and civil servants of the Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division shall be assigned by the head of the Division.
Article 4. Effect
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing and replaces Decision No. 115/2003/QD-CTS-TCCB of September 29, 2003, of the Radio Frequency Directorate defining the functions, tasks and powers of the Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division. Previous regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
The heads of the Frequency Assignment and Licensing Division and the Organization and Personnel Division and heads of other units under the Radio Frequency Directorate shall implement this Decision.
Director General of the Radio Frequency Directorate.
DOAN QUANG HOAN