MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 22, 2008
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Office of the Radio Frequency Directorate
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 88/2008/QD-TTg of July 4, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Radio Frequency Directorate of the Ministry of Information and Communications;
At the proposal of the head of the Organization and Personnel Division and the chief of the Office,
Article 1. Position and functions
The Office of the Radio Frequency Directorate (below referred to as the Directorate’s Office) is a unit of the Directorate, functioning to assist the Director General of the Directorate in organizing, directing and organizing the performance of general affairs, emulation, commendation, administrative and managerial works.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The Directorate’s Office shall perform the following tasks and exercise the following powers:
1. To elaborate working plans of the Directorate and monitor and urge the implementation of these plans after they are approved by the Director General; to periodically and extraordinarily report on the performance of the Directorate’s tasks under regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications; to elaborate and submit to the Director General for promulgation the working regulation of the Directorate and legal documents on the coordination in other administrative affairs, and urge the implementation thereof after they are promulgated.
2. To act as a focal point to coordinate the Directorate’s work with concerned agencies and units. To act as a standing body of the Office of the Radio Frequency Committee.
3. To implement and guide the Directorate’s Centers in conducting emulation and commendation work, realizing technical innovations and educating their personnel about the Directorate’s history and tradition. To act as a standing body of the Emulation, Commendation and Innovation Council and the History and Tradition Council of the Directorate.
4. To guide the Directorate’s units in performing clerical and archival works, keeping confidentiality of incoming mails, documents and seals under the State’s regulations. To perform clerical, archival and library works and other administrative affairs at the Directorate’s head office.
5. To examine formats of and procedures for issuing documents of the Directorate. To classify incoming mails and submit them to the Directorate’s leadership or forward them to the Directorate’s functional units for handling under the Directorate’s regulations.
6. To organize and service, manage minutes and notify conclusions of working meetings and guest receptions of the Directorate’s leadership.
7. To advise the Directorate’s director general on administrative reform. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Directorate’s units in, conducting administrative reform in the Directorate’s operations.
8. To manage and use its own seal and account in performing works under law and according to the power decentralization by the Directorate; to manage finance according to the power decentralization by the Directorate; to pay salaries, bonuses and other expenditures at the Directorate’s head office according to regulations.
9. To manage the library, memorial hall, collective dining room and other physical foundation items of the Directorate’s head office; to ensure sufficient office equipment, vehicles, working and hygiene conditions, health care, labor safety, fire and explosion prevention and fighting devices at the Directorate’s head office.
10. To perform the Directorate’s guest reception, protocol, festive and funeral services.
11. To organize and coordinate with local administrations and concerned agencies in maintaining social order and safety, conducting fire and explosion prevention and fighting, urging the performance of the military duty and other domains.
12. To manage cadres, civil servants, assets, files and documents under law and according to power decentralization by the director general.
13. To perform other tasks and exercise other powers assigned by the Director General.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Directorate’s Office has its chief and deputy chiefs.
The chief of the Office shall be answerable to the Director General and before law for performing assigned functions and tasks and exercising vested powers.
The deputy chiefs of the Office shall assist the chief of the Office in directing and administering works of the Office and be answerable to the chief of the Office and before law for their assigned tasks.
Tasks of cadres, civil servants and employees of the Office shall be assigned by the chief of the Office.
Article 4. Effect
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing and replaces the Radio Frequency Directorate’s Decision No. 327/QD-CTSVTD of October 9, 2007, on functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Office of the Radio Frequency Directorate. All previous stipulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
The chief of the Directorate’s Office, the head of the Organization and Personnel Division and heads of units of the Radio Frequency Directorate shall implement this Decision.
Director General of the Radio Frequency Directorate
DOAN QUANG HOAN