MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 22, 2008
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE RADIO FREQUENCY DIRECTORATE
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 88/2008/QD-TTg of July 4, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Radio Frequency Directorate under the Ministry of Information and Communications;
At the proposal of the head of the Organization and Personnel Division and the head of the International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division,
Article 1. Position and functions
The International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division is a unit under the Radio Frequency Directorate and functions to advise and assist the Director General in international cooperation on technical and professional operations of radio frequency management, international frequency coordination and satellite frequencies/orbits.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division has the following tasks and powers:
1. To formulate international cooperation programs and plans of the Directorate for the Director General to submit to the Minister of Information and Communications for approval. To organize the implementation of, and coordinate with concerned units in implementing, these programs and projects after they are approved by the Minister. To review and evaluate the Directorate’s international cooperation work.
2. To act as the focal point in coordinating with international and regional organizations in international frequency cooperation and coordination activities; monitoring international activities on radio communication and radio frequencies; and supporting professional units in international cooperation activities.
3. To organize and preside over international conferences and workshops. To organize, and coordinate with functional units in organizing, protocol activities, and make preparations for working meetings between the Directorate’s leaders and international delegations at home and abroad.
4. To carry out, or guide delegations on overseas work trips in carrying out, exit, entry, delegate registration, airfare purchase, hotel booking and other relevant procedures under the Directorate’s regulations. To carry out, or coordinate in carrying out, procedures for foreign delegations to enter Vietnam to work with the Directorate.
5. To act as the focal point in making preparations for the Directorate to attend the World Radio Conference (WRC), the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity and study groups of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU). To make preparations related to its functions and tasks as assigned by the Director General.
6. To study, propose and implement solutions to protecting and expanding national interests regarding radio frequencies and satellite orbits, and carry out procedures for registration of satellite frequencies/orbits and international frequencies for operations with the ITU. To act as the focal point in filing complaints and settling complaints about radio frequency interferences between Vietnam and other countries, territories or international organizations.
7. To study and carry out procedures for coordinating radio frequencies and satellite orbits with other countries, territories or international organizations.
8. To guide and support Vietnamese satellite operators in registration and negotiation for frequency/satellite orbit coordination under the ITU’s regulations.
9. To manage employees, assets, dossiers and documents under law and as decentralized by the Director.
11. To perform other tasks and exercise other powers assigned by the Director.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division has the head, deputy heads and employees.
The head is answerable before the Director General and law for the performance of assigned functions, tasks and powers.
Deputy heads shall assist the head in directing and administering the Division’s work and are answerable before the head and law for assigned tasks.
The head shall assign tasks to the Division’s employees.
Article 4. Effect
This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing. All previous regulations which are contrary to this Decision are annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
The head of the International Frequency Cooperation and Coordination Division, the head of the Organization and Personnel Division and heads of units under the Radio Frequency Directorate shall implement this Decision.
Director General of the Radio Frequency Directorate
DOAN QUANG HOAN